Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day Numero Uno

I am finally in Praha!! Everything is settling down and I just can't stop wanting to explore! Ironically, Danielle and I are room mates which is pretty sweet. Johanna lives right next to us, and although she is roommate-less right now, everyone around us seems to be really chill.

One thing I've learned so far is that time gets really weird when you fly overnight. I have been up for basically 24 hours straight now and am just confused. I'm trying to force myself to stay up till tonight so that I can get acclimated to the time change as soon as possible.

The only thing we did today was go on a short walk around our neighborhood to start to become familiar with it. Everything we need is right outside our dorm/apt (?) basically which is so nice. I guess that's one of the benefits of going to school in the city and not in upstate New York. After the walk, some friends and I went to a bar, drank some stellas and had some delicious food to hold us over for our 8:30 dinner.

Another thing I've noticed so far about Prague is that despite popular belief, barely anyone speaks English. So, I guess it is a good thing that I am taking Czech. It seems like a really great language to learn.

I think that's it for now-- I'm going to lie down in my bed and try not to fall asleep :)

No comments: