Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jamie... You've got some 'splaining to do!

I can't believe how fast the weeks are going by here. Traveling on the weekends make the weeks seem nonexistant. I feel like we were just on the train home from Budapest and I am already leaving tomorrow to go to Rome! Fabulous.

This week, I decided to organize a little weekday night cultural event. The Black Light Theatre is one of those things that is just unique to Prague and I felt like we had to go see it while we were here. So after forcing people to buy tickets and come with me, the Black Theatre ended up being the most absurd thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. Honestly, I can't even come up with words to describe it. There's like two shows in one: one has a plot (kind of) and the other is just a black light show with people dancing. It's just unclassifiable. At one point, one of the dancers was sucking on a straw out of another dancers ass. Shortly after, it started raining on the audience. I'm not quite sure what the effect of that was. But the greatest line of the night occured when Amy turned to Johanna and whispered, "Jamie... You've got some 'splaining to do!". I did feel bad... But we all decided that in retrospect, we are glad we went because it was hilarious and something that we really should have just seen once. After the show, we took Molly who was visiting for the past few days (lucky her), to Usudu. This is my favorite place. It's so chill and I love the fact that it is becoming our usual Tuesday night place.

Wednesday was the nicest day we have had since we've been in Prague. The sun was shining and it was probably around 40 degrees. I only had one class so afterwards I decided to Czech out the temporary exhibit at the Museum of Decorative Arts. The exhibit is currently on Czech fasion in the 70s under Communism (obviously). Their fashion was influenced very much by the hippie movement in the 60s. The exhibit was small, but was a very pleasant way to spend my afternoon. But better yet, when I came home I decided to go for a run and search for the park that is right near our apartment. I was a little nervous to venture on my own since no one in Prague runs outside. It's a tell tale sign that you are American if you are running with your i-pod outside. Everyone just glares at you and I don't like running in public to begin with. But still, it put me in the best mood-- from the park, there is the most incredible view of the city.

So tomorrow Ali and I are going to visit Robyn in Roma. Haukeland would be proud. I can't wait for the Latin nerd in me to come out--the Colosseum, the forum, perhaps a day trip to Pompeii... it's all gonna be great.