Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hey there, Visa, welcome to Praha!



My visa finally made its way across the pond yesterday! And inside was a wonderful chocolate valentine from my mom (Thanks, Mom!). It is such a relief to have the stupid sticker in my visa because now I can travel wherever and whenever I want. I also got a fabulous package from Nanners in the mail yesterday. Contents included: sideburns, dark chocolate, and a Mr. Rogers quote book. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better package.

This past weekend was quite debaucherous. My dad so wisely advised me, "Maybe, Jamie, you should stop burning the candle on both ends" -- I think I need to start practicing what he preaches. It was Danielle's 21st birthday so we had two visitors for the weekend (Abby and Abel). On Friday we decided to have a rather cultural day in Prague so we ventured over to the Museum of Decorative Arts. We only saw one of the permanent exhibit which I really enjoyed. Founded in 1885, the museum itself is absolutely beautiful and it displays pieces of European decorative arts that tread a fine line between fine and applied art. From rugs and draperies to clothes and bohemian pottery, there was a little bit of everything. I am definitely going to go back and check out the temporary exhibit which is "Czech fashion in the 70s". We also took our visitors to the infamous Lennon Wall and walked them across the Chuck Bridge. It's so cool being able to navigate our way around

I actually wasn't feeling too well this weekend so I decided to stay in on Friday night and get a good night sleep for Saturday. Since we've had such a good track record with pub crawls, Johanna took it upon her responsible self to create a pub crawl of our own for D's birthday. What a great night. It gave everyone who didn't go away for the weekend an excuse to all go out together. While I'm abroad, I'm not only making new friends from other schools, nor just getting to know people from a different country, but ironically, I'm also meeting more people from Hamilton that I wasn't very close to, which makes the anticipation of senior year even greater!

On Monday I decided that I wanted to get back on a good track and get my life together, so before my internship I went on a cultural adventure to the Mucha and Dali exhibits right in Old Town Square. Dali is one crazy artist. I was actually more interested in the photos of him then his actual paintings.

Much time has past since I started writing this entry-- so time might seem warped. But I just got back from a Datarock concert at Akropolis. What a great scene that was. Music- great. Crowd- fabulous. I need to make myself go to bed now because I skipped last Wednesday's class already and can't do that again...yet. But just so you know, Johanna was called up on stage for the last song. She's famous now and got to drink champagne with the band. What a gal.

Dobre vecer.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Love you. So happy you are having the time of your life. Just enjoy. Love G&G