Thursday, March 6, 2008

the benevolence of a master and the cleverness of a subject

Ahoj,

jak se mas? Ja se mam dobre. Mej se moc hezky!

psych....

still can't write a whole lot in Czech, but we're getting there. Hopefully by the end of the semester I'll be able to write a simple entry in only Czech. [wishful thinking? we'll see].

Funny sidenote: Tonight at dinner Johanna and I were at Country Life and next to the cash register there was a stack of business cards that said, "Dear Customers, due to frequent thefts, we strongly advise you to watch your belongings while at the restaurant." Oh, Praha... I wonder if these cards are some sort of a twisted marketing strategy?

Anyway, so the reason why Johanna and I were out to dinner was because we were going to try and see the documentary film "Citizen Havel" for the second time. Yesterday we attempted to see it, however, it was one of those days where they don't show the film with English subtitles. Then tonight we get on line and I see a sign in half Czech and half English, so I actually wasn't really sure if I was reading it correctly but, the movie was sold out! I really lacked this week on my attempt to complete something cultural at least every week. But at least the attempt was there. Its the effort that counts, right? So I think I'm just gonna wikipedia, youtube or google the movie now, cause I'm too stubborn. Jo, though, is still working on making it to that movie... good for you.

I did do something new this week, however. After quitting my internship (details not appropriate for blog) I realized how much more free time I actually would have. I am now able to go to the free yoga classes that NYU offers every Tuesday. So Johanna took me to this wonderful yoga class with the most amazing teacher. The yoga class is it what is presumably an apartment building. It's so cute, with beautiful wood floors and overlooks a great part of the city. At the end of the class she opened our energy channels by rubbing her hands on our spines. Honestly, I can lay in child's pose forever.

I am staying in Prague this weekend, which I am really excited about. I think its good that we are staying here for the two weeks before spring break, especially because there is so many things we still haven't done in Prague. Also, I could use a bit of a break from traveling, as fun as it has been, it's still tiring.

[[Before I end this entry, one quick, private shout out to Aunt Addy! I don't know when you will be able to read this, but I love you and miss you and hope you feel better so soon!]]

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Loved talking to you before. Miss you and love you. So happy you are feeling better.